Mubashar Iqbal, who goes by Mubs, loves making things. He's been making things since he was about 8 years old. He made so many things he was selected as ProductHunt's maker of the year for 2016, runner up in 2015 and 2017.
About Our Partner
This episode is also brought to you by Hawke Media. Hawke Media is a full-service Outsourced CMO based in Santa Monica, CA, providing guidance, planning, and execution to grow brands of all sizes, industries, and business models.
Hawke Media was recognized by Inc. as the country’s fastest-growing marketing consultancy and is proudly one of Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work”, 2019 #893 on the Forbes 5000 list, UpCity Top Los Angeles Digital Marketing Agency. Hawke’s collaborative process, à la carte offering, and month-to-month fee structure give clients the flexibility they need to boost digital revenues and marketing ROI.
Hawke Media The company has serviced over 1500 brands of all sizes, ranging from startups like Tamara Mellon, SiO Beauty and Bottlekeeper to household names like Red Bull, Verizon Wireless and Alibaba.
Listen to our interview with Erik Huberman, Founder and CEO of Hawke Media, in episode 23 of the Just Go Grind Podcast.
Some of the Topics Covered by Mubs in this Episode
- What Mubs is working on now
- How Mubs decided to work on Founderpath
- Why Mubs works on the projects he chooses to work on
- Ideas are everywhere
- How little Mubs sleeps
- Things that make Mubs say no to an idea to work on
- The number of products Mubs is still maintaining
- How Mubs' previous products help him grow his personal brand
- The importance of putting your ideas out into the world
- A day in the life for Mubs
- How Mubs approaches distribution for new products
- Making money from side projects vs. creating products for fun
- Selling your product and why if you've already tried to monetize your product it'll be more unattractive to buyers
- The No-Code movement
- Tips Mubs has for other people who are working remotely
- Ideas from Mubs' Trello board that he wants people to work on
- Mubs' advice for other makers
Sign up for The Weekly Grind, for actionable insights and stories from successful entrepreneurs delivered to your inbox once per week: https://www.justgogrind.com/newsletter/
Listen to all episodes of the Just Go Grind Podcast: https://www.justgogrind.com/podcast/
Follow Justin Gordon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/justingordon212
Follow Justin Gordon on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/justingordon8/