When it comes to user onboarding, one of the first names that pop to mind is Samuel Hulick, an accomplished UX consultant, founder of User Onboard, and author of The Elements of User Onboarding. In this episode, you’ll learn Samuel’s take on exactly that — the “ideal” user onboarding experience, as well as his Mario-fireball concept, Value Paths, success metrics, Jobs to Be Done, segmentation, and his invaluable advice for SaaS founders.
Visit our website for the detailed episode recap with key learnings.
- Useronboard.com — Samuel’s user onboarding resource website
- The Elements of User Onboarding — Samuel’s book
- We Are No Strangers — Samuel’s article, which refers to his Mario-fireball concept
- Value Paths — Samuel’s new onboarding approach
- UI Breakfast Podcast. Episode 181: Jobs to Be Done with Jim Kalbach
- The Jobs To Be Done Playbook — Jim Kalbach’s popular book
- Why We Do What We Do — a book by Edward L. Deci
- Startup Metrics for Pirates: AARRR! — a talk by Dave McClure on his Pirate Metrics framework
- Follow Samuel on Twitter
If you found the episode useful, please spread the word on Twitter mentioning @userlist, or leave us a review on iTunes.
This show is brought to you by Userlist — the best way for SaaS founders to send onboarding emails, segment your users based on events, and see where your customers get stuck in the product. Start your free trial today at userlist.com.