My guest today is Eric Jorgenson, the author of The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness. Naval Ravikant is the co-founder of AngelList, investor in 200+ companies, and considered by many to be a modern-day philosopher.
This book is a collection of Naval's wisdom and experience shared as a curation of his most insightful interviews, essays, and podcasts. In our conversation, Eric shares Naval's advice on how to build wealth, learn the skill of happiness, become a better reader, and much more.
You can get a free ebook copy of the book here: navalmanack.com
- [00:41] - The background story of this book
- [03:18] - Who is Naval Ravikant?
- [05:13] - How to get rich without getting lucky
- [08:12] - If you want to get rich, you have to own equity
- [11:23] - How you can use leverage to create wealth
- [16:27] - Why you want to productize yourself
- [21:27] - Happiness is a skill you can learn
- [32:03] - The benefits of meditation & how it can make you happier
- [37:25] - How Naval reads books & reading tips
- [43:33] - How has Eric evolved after studying Naval
- [46:12] - How to apply what you read
- [49:50] - Books that had a huge influence on Eric & how they changed him
- [54:50] - Update on Alex & Books
Learn more about the author:
- Twitter: @EricJorgenson
If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe & write a positive review.
Every week, I send out a free weekly newsletter with actionable advice from amazing books. Join 2,500+ readers here.
Connect with Alex & Books: