The podcast is back! Today I’m talking with Turner Novak. Turner is someone I’ve followed for a long time. He has an amazing Twitter account where he drops hilarious memes, talks about life as an investor, and makes fun of venture capitalists and founders.
He also posts deep dives on companies like Snapchat about how their earnings work, what’s going on in TikTok ads, and a lot more. It’s an interesting balance, and he does all this while investing in early-stage companies as a venture capitalist.
In today’s episode Turner and I talk about how he creates content. We get into how he uses his funnel to raise capital, and how to generate the highest return on investment (ROI) for your audience. We also talk about how he grew to 130,000 followers on Twitter, why he failed to get a job in venture capital and had to start his own firm, and how to create a successful newsletter.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Easy ways to grow your newsletter audience
- How Turner varies his content to get more engagement
- Why getting to know your audience is so important
- How Turner used writing to expand his venture capital network
Turner’s Links & Resources (H5)
- Subscribe to Turner’s newsletter, The Split
- Follow Turner on Twitter
- Banana Capital’s website
- Follow Banana Capital on Twitter
Add new comment
Login to comment