Today I’m talking with Thomas Frank. Thomas built a YouTube channel called College Info Geek to over a million subscribers. Since then, he’s rebranded and grown the channel to nearly 3 million subscribers. He’s also built a massive business around courses and Notion templates.
In this episode we talk about making a pivot as a creator. Thomas has an interesting and understated approach that’s worked quite well. We also talk about the Notion templates he’s selling, the YouTube productivity channel he started strictly about Notion, and how it’s driving hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales per month.
Thomas also explains why it’s easier getting started on YouTube today than it was 10 years ago, and I get Thomas’ candid thoughts on how Gumroad’s new pricing has affected his business and creators in general.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why now is a great time to get started on YouTube
- How to pull off a successful rebrand of your creator business
- Why your subscriber count isn’t as important as you think
- Was Gumroad’s price increase a mistake?
Thomas’ Links (H5)
- Thomas’ website
- Follow Thomas on Twitter
- Subscribe to Thomas’ YouTube channel
- Download Thomas’ Notion templates
- Check out Thomas’ Notion YouTube channel
- Thomas’ Nebula.tv content
- Follow College Info Geek on Twitter
- Thomas’ Skillshare page