Featured 3 months ago
Sales tax compliance: nobody in SaaS wants to talk about it. Jon and Justin tried to do something about it and it turned into a nightmare. According to Stripe Tax, there are about 90 different regions that software companies may have to register in, and then calculate, collect, and remit sales tax on their behalf. But in North America, many SaaS companies don't seem to care: many that we looked at weren't collecting sales tax at all, while a few had just started collecting in the US states.
- (00:13) - Welcome
- (01:54) - Benefits of podcasting for a small business
- (03:44) - New Year's update
- (05:59) - Patreon integration feature
- (10:23) - Dear listener... a request!
- (10:50) - Exciting! Sales Tax! Discussion!
- (29:01) - What have we tried
- (40:12) - A new issue that we can't make progress on
- (47:00) - Thanks to our Patreon supporters
If you've been wondering about how sales tax applies to SaaS, listen to this episode.
Thanks to our monthly supporters
- Greg Park
- Mitchell Davis from RecruitKit.com.au
- Marcel Fahle, wearebold.af
- Oleg Kulyk
- Ethan Gunderson
- Anton Zorin from ProdCamp.com
- Bill Condo (@mavrck)
- Alex Payne
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Russell Brown from Photivo.com
- Evandro Sasse
- Austin Loveless
- Michael Sitver
- Fathom Analytics
- Dan Buda
- Colin Gray
- Darby Frey
- Dave Giunta
Want to start a podcast on Transistor? Justin has a special coupon for you: get 15% off your first year of hosting: transistor.fm/justin★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★
Published on Feb 10, 2023 in Business
Don't want more email? Follow @podhuntapp for the best podcasts.
Add new comment
Login to comment