In the second half of the episode, Justin and Michele talk about the challenges of balancing starting a business while you have young kids. For more on this topic, check out the last episode with Aaron Francis.
For more context on Section 174, check out our previous episode with Michele.
- (00:12) - Welcome
- (01:50) - Quick refresher on section 174
- (05:48) - Updates since last episode
- (09:15) - You can still help raise awareness
- (14:09) - What's happening next?
- (17:41) - How does this work on the accounting side?
- (20:30) - Anything else people can do?
- (22:47) - What advice do you give to people with families wanting to start a business?
- (27:48) - Did you try a few things on the side?
- (30:08) - Definition of success at the start
- (32:23) - Developing a business while raising a baby
- (36:17) - Survivorship bias in stories from new parents
- (38:56) - What should you consider when starting a business?
- (46:43) - Avoid magical thinking
- (52:47) - Some things are hard to think about until you experience them
Thanks to our monthly supporters
- Pascal from sharpen.page
- Greg Park
- Mitchell Davis from RecruitKit.com.au
- Marcel Fahle, wearebold.af
- Ethan Gunderson
- Anton Zorin from ProdCamp.com
- Bill Condo (@mavrck)
- Ward from MemberSpace.com
- Russell Brown from Photivo.com
- Evandro Sasse
- Austin Loveless
- Michael Sitver
- Fathom Analytics
- Dan Buda
- Colin Gray
- Dave Giunta
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★