When you're running a small company, hiring is simultaneously your highest leverage opportunity and the scariest thing ever. In this episode, Adam and Ben share some lessons learned, how they think about hiring for their teams now, and talk through some of the things they're still trying to figure out how to get right.
- (00:00) - Hiring
- (02:02) - Why hire at all?
- (06:41) - Avoiding hiring altogether
- (11:44) - Vetting people
- (24:45) - Finding people
- (36:22) - How Ben got recruited at Thoughtbot
- (37:53) - Evaluating hires
- (43:23) - Fears and anxieties around hiring
- (50:50) - Unfair hiring advantages
- (57:36) - Levels of management