Welcome to the eleventh episode of “Million Dollar Exits” - a special series brought to you by The Build In Public Podcast.
This episode features Mac Martine, a bootstrapped SaaS founder who recently had a life-changing exit for his business that he grew from 0 to $58k MRR in just 30 months.
Building apps since 2008, he began his journey with multiple failures and recently had a highly successful exit.
In this interview, Mac and KP explore a range of startup-related topics, sharing their experiences and perspectives on:
● Intro (00:00)
● How Mac started his founder journey and went from zero to exit (02:50)
● Realizations Mac had upon reaching $50K MRR (04:03)
● An advice to his younger self (08:25)
● The zero to one dilemma and how founders can navigate it (16:06)
● Hope, momentum and everything they represent (20:46)
● What Mac did differently that led him to success (22:38)
● The patterns that stood out from Mac’s interactions with possible customers (24:54)
● How he validates products and features (28:35)
● Why talking to people is the most crucial thing a founder can do (31:31)
● The varying and evolving opinions of customers (33:37)
● What’s next for Mac Martine (34:36)
Build In Public Podcast is an interview show where KP chats with ambitious startup founders, CEOs, and top Internet creators to unpack their stories, insights, and lessons.
Thanks for listening!
Mac Martine’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/saasmakermac
The SaaS Bootstrapper Newsletter: https://www.thesaasbootstrapper.co/
KP’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/thisiskp_
KP's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/KarthikPuvvadaKP