The largest nuclear incident in human history released an estimated 400 times the radioactive material compared to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It all happened because of a test that was delayed by one shift, or was it the ultimate inevitability of a flawed reactor design?
With John Chidgey.
Prior Episode References:
- Periodic Table
- List of Chemical Elements
- Xenon Poisoning in Reactors
- Nuclear Energy Slides [PDF]
- Neutron Cross-Section
- Radiation burn
- RBMK Reactors Positive Void Coefficient
- Chernobyl Accident Timeline
- Chernobyl Timeline Of A Nuclear Nightmare
- What Caused The Disaster
- Timeline Of Events The Chernobyl Gallery
- Chernobyl Disaster
- Chernobyl Sequence of Events
Essays, Regulations and Miscellaneous:
- Chernobyl Essay [PDF]
- Regulation for 3rd and 4th Reactor [PDF]
- Regulations and ORM in Chernobyl’ disaster
- Individual involvement in the Chernobyl disaster
- New Safe Confinement
- Chernobyl New Safe Confinement
- Plans for New Nuclear Reactors Worldwide
Makers4Good are an innovative company based in Palo Alto, California and they’ve recently released the HELIO: A Solar Light, Torch and Powerbank that’s perfect for camping, hiking, emergencies, gazebos, use as a night light or wherever your adventures might happen to take you. All profits from the sale of the HELIO go to providing light and power for those in need.
Visit makers4good.com/engineered and use the Coupon Code ENGINEERED for 20% off the total price of your order.