Description by @johnchidgey
Compares what really happened relative to the recent movie with Mark Wahlberg in it, amongst other things.
In 2010 an Oil Drilling Rig suffered a catastrophic well blowout, killing 11 people, destroying the rig and leading to the worst maritime oil spill in history. It all happened a few hours after the well was declared safe and ready for handover. We look at the human and financial factors that led to the incident at Macondo.
With John Chidgey.
Links of potential interest:
- Deepwater Drilling
- Semi-submersible Platform
- Macondo Prospect
- Macondo Prospect Gulf of Mexico
- Deepwater Horizon MC252 Data ERMA
- Tool Pusher
- Blowout (well drilling)
- Deepwater Horizon Explosion
- BP Oil Spill Report As It Happened
- How Prepared Are We For the Next Major Oil Spill
- Oil Spill Day 100 The 11 Men Who Died On The Deepwater Horizon
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Letter To BP CEO Tony Hayward
- BP Manager Ignored Warnings Before Deepwater Horizon Blew
- BP And The Deepwater Horizon Disaster Of 2010
- DeepWater Horizon Explosion Was No Surprise
- Minerals Management Service
- Muster And Evacuation Regulation
- GPO Oil Commission
- BP Guilty Verdict
- BP Deepwater Horizon Costs Balloon To $65B USD
If you’re looking for some Mac software that can do Many Tricks remember to specifically visit the URL below for more information about their amazingly useful apps.
Visit manytricks.com/pragmatic and use the Coupon Code (listen to the episode to get the code) for 25% off the total price of your order. Hurry it's only for a limited time!